Undoubtedly, Nero is one of the major and widely used disk-burning utilities available today. With regular updates and new features, Nero tool has been evolved as all-in-one multimedia suite that help you access all your media files more efficiently. The latest release of this series, Nero 2014, greatly focuses on today’s multimedia world. It is a comprehensive suite of different small applications, which optimize your regular tasks like disc viewing, disc burning, media management, video editing and transcoding of audio and video files. In this page, we’ll see all new features of Nero 2014 and some of its pros and cons.
- Superior media management that optimizes performance and workflow
- The new ‘1-click Nero Disc to Device’ feature helps you easily convert your Audio CD, DVD-Video and AVCHD discs straight to your connected tablet or smartphone and cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Skydrive
- Widely supports the newest mobile platforms such as Android, iOS and Windows
- Nero Play to TV offers direct streaming of music, videos, and other media on TV, along with a remote playback control
- Simply ‘drag and drop’ media files for editing, it uses pre-configured settings, so that you don’t have to make new settings again and again
- Enhanced encoding uses your PC hardware in an efficient manner
- You can now easily create and/or buy printed images such as photo calendars, photo books and post cards right from the media management panel
- Supports 4K or Ultra HD video editing
Nero download comes with a fresh, unique launcher that enables you launch different apps, tools, video tutorials and updates, in just a single click. If you have already used the previous Nero editions, then you can easily try your hand with this new and elegant launcher. Applications like Nero MediaHome and Nero Video have modern look and ultra-pro abilities including 3D disc and Blu-ray authoring.
MediaHome is a powerful media librarian and a very good audio, video and slideshow player. This great package takes a second to load, and embraces the home media server with which you can stream videos, music and photos to any UPnP or DLNA devices of your home network.
Even if Nero 2014 is a competent suite of media management tools, it also has few downsides. The main issue is with the Launch application, which doesn't suits the rest apps and it runs only in the full-screen mode. Besides, the BackItUp program, one of the handy modules of Nero 12 edition, is also missing in the new version. The price is slightly more than the previous releases.
Nero continues to hold the top of the stack place. It is a best disc creation and media-editing tool, which gives creative and powerful editing abilities to the average user. The latest version offers a lot of useful features, along with some specific upgrading over the Nero 12 Platinum. All in all, if you are looking for an efficient media management tool, the Nero 2014 is the best choice for you.